What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is defined as the act or process of advocating or supporting a cause or proposal.
Ways to Advocate
- Remain up-to-date on childrens issues
- Take action on advocacy alerts
- Sponsor a community forum or meeting
- Distribute advocacy materials to community members
- Encourage membership to Every Child Counts
- Provide leadership in creating local agendas for children
- Build and cultivate a relationship with your legislator
Please contact Sheila Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have a legislative advocacy training in your community.